The big buzz in the health industry when it comes to diet seems to revolve around the health benefits of olive oil. Olive oil is a fat that comes from the fruit of a tree in the Mediterranean region, where they extract whole olives to produce olive oil. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fatty acid that is considered one of the healthiest dietary fat we should consume. Olive oil has many different uses. In some parts of the world, it is used in cosmetics, medicine, and soaps. Olive oil comes from the Mediterranean but is used worldwide. Research that has been supported by scientists have found that there are a variety of health benefits of olive oil. Here are 6 reasons why you should include olive oil in your diet.
1. Olive Oil is rich in Antioxidants. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is nutritious and contains vitamin E and K. The antioxidants that olive oil has are biologically active and may help fight serious diseases.Olive Oil contains large amounts of healthy monounsaturated fats. Olive oil is the natural oil that is extracted from the fatty fruit of the plants of the olive tree. The monounsaturated fats in the olive oil are what make it healthy. Cooking with extra virgin olive is a healthier choice to cook with because it is resistant to high heat.
2. Olive Oil is a good anti-inflammatory. Olive oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties which can help with chronic inflammation. These diseases include cancer, cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, arthritis and even obesity. It is believed that olive oil can help reduce inflammation, which may be why it is considered to be a health benefit to these diseases.
3. Olive Oil Can help Protect You against heart disease. Observational studies had shown that heart disease was rare in the Mediterranean because of their consumption of olive oil as a part of their diet. Extensive studies have shown that extra virgin olive oil is one of the key factors as to why it protects against heart disease.
4. Olive Oil May help to prevent strokes. Studies were also supported by other review studies, in which researchers found that those who had a diet rich in olive oil consumption were at a much lower risk of stroke.
5. Olive oil does not cause weight gain. A person with a diet rich in olive oil consumption will not gain weight. Many observational studies have found that following the dietary patterns of a Mediterranean diet, rich in olive oil will have favorable effects when it comes to maintaining body weight.
6. Olive Oil may reduce the risk of Type 2 Diabetes. Olive oil has been found to be highly essential for reducing the risk of Type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown that olive oil has had beneficial effects on blood sugar levels and insulin sensitivity.